NOTE: This kit has been discontinued
The RC18B packs big-time 4WD buggy performance into a mini-sized package! If you’re looking for the ultimate mini-4WD buggy with big performance that will whip the competition, look no further. Leave them in the dust with Team Associated’s RC18B.
|The 18B keeps the excitement train rolling for Associated's 1/18-scale platform. It's fun and different, and we suspect that it is up to the challenge of going toe-to-toe with Kyosho's Mini Inferno. Actually, out of the box, the 18B is better equipped, having tons of speed, oil-filled shocks, full bearings and ball diffs right out of the gate. [T]he 18B represents a very good value. Off-road buggies seem to be staging a comeback, and the 18B carries this theme into the mini category.|
--RC Car, February 2006
|The B's truck roots give it the longest suspension arms and widest track in the shootout, and with its narrow chassis, ball differentials and lightweight radio gear, the Associated buggy looks like a pro 4WD buggy shrunken down to mini size. |
--Radio Control Car Action, April 2006
- Based on the original RC18T platform, the 18B features a mini-buggy body and wing.
- The 18B is powered by an inline-mounted “Super 370” high-performance motor, bolted to an aluminum motor mount with several mounting holes to fit most aftermarket 1:18 scale hop-up motors.
- Narrow-spoke wheels in front and wide-spoke wheels in the rear for superior handling and traction.
- The 18B transfers all the power to the ground with its efficient shaft-drive, 4WD powertrain featuring adjustable ball differentials front and rear.
- The 18B suspension absorbs all of the imperfections of the road with oil-filled shocks for smooth and consistent dampening.
- The four lower suspension arms are symmetrical and work with the molded upper suspension links to ensure that the 18B’s suspension geometry is optimized right out of the box.
- Team Associated’s “XP” series electronics in the 18B are completely modular, allowing easy access to the receiver, steering servo, and the “XPS” electronic speed control with reverse.
- Two body colors to choose from.