Pulsar Touch Competition Charger
Detailed Part Description:
Part #: LRP41555
Pulsar Touch Competition Charger
[ High-Res Image
Availability: Low Inventory
MSRP Price: $399.99
With multiple R/C press awards and in use by multiple World Champions, the Pulsar line of chargers is the first choice of many of the world's best R/C drivers. Never one to think that the best is good enough, LRP is proud to announce the next generation in this successful line: the Pulsar Touch Competition.
The Pulsar Touch Competition shines with its revolutionary features including a special touch screen with graphic user interface and high-quality components. An integrated high-performance LiPo/LiFePo balancer detects differences in the cells and automatically starts balancing, resulting in longer lifetime and even better performance of the cells.
CHARGE LiPo, LiFePo, NiMH, NiCd
• Adjustable fast charge from 0.1 to 12.0A:
1-4 cells LiPo/LiFePo with automatic (LiPo/LiFePo) cut-off 1-8 cells (NiMH/NiCd) with adjustable Delta-Peak detection, linear or optional 5-step charge mode. (Charges with variable current steps.)
• Autostart-Timer for maximum comfort.
• Storage Mode: The battery is charged/discharged automatically for longest cell lifetime.
CYCLE LiPo, LiFePo, NiMH, NiCd
• Automatic Cycling Mode for excellent conditioning of your batteries.
DISCHARGE LiPo, LiFePo, NiMH, NiCd
• Adjustable high-power discharge current (up to 20.0A) and cut-off voltage to perfectly match your batteries.
• Touch-screen graphics display, blue backlit.
• Integrated LiPo/LiFePo balancer.
• Brushless motor sensor port for sensor check and RPM measurement.
• Receiver simulator port for function check of speed controls and servos.
• Fully Adjustable. Intuitive program structure with graphical user interface, allows precise adjustment of all parameters.
• User Profile Memory: 5 factory pre-set profiles which can be customized, re-named and saved in memory.
• USB connection (wire included): for data download to PC and firmware update.
• Microprocessor controlled: Fully adjustable for perfect operation, maximum performance and highest safety.
• Multi Protection System: protection against output reverse polarity, short circuit, input voltage error and over charge.
• Voltage calibration for maximum accuracy.
• DC Input 11-15V.
|Obviously you get all the adjustability and battery charging options of NiCd, NiMH, LiPo and LiFe, but there's also a built-in balancing port with auto detection for 2-4 cell LiPo, and there's a brushless motor sensor port to check the actual sensor wire and RPM of the motor. There is also a servo/ESC port that allows you to check the function of servos and speed controls. And the last port is a USB port to update the firmware of the charger! This means if some new charging method comes out, the charger is not obsolete. The Pulsar Touch Comp put LRP back on top of the high-end chargers and gets a perfect score because it's just that bad ass. --Extreme RC Cars, January 2011
|Set in the center of the faceplate lies one of the Pulsar Touch's coolest features, a smartphone-like touch screen. Turn on the Touch and you are greeted with the blue-backlit P1-Charge screen. This screen shows the Charge Mode, Current, Pack Voltage, Charge Voltage, Safety Time and four, on-screen buttons: Next, Up and Down arrows, and a Set. This is all you need to file through the very intuitive interface to see and adjust the settings within the charger.... There's a ton of things to cycle through and check out, but as I mentioned before, the intuitive menus make it all a breeze to figure out. --RC Driver, April 2011
|WINNER--RC Car Action Reader's Choice First Place Award, "Charger"!
|WINNER--RC Driver Voice Your Choice Award, "Battery Charger"!