Cover, Racing with the Team, Vol.6, No. 1, Summer 1984. Editor, Matt Azara. Publisher, Roger Curtis.
For several years beginning in 1981 Associated printed its own newsletter, Racing with the Team. It was free to all who requested to be on the mailing list for that year. This factory organ promoted Associated's new products, educated its loyal racers with Tech Tips, and kept enthusiastic readers abreast of the RC10's winnings everywhere.
This issue's cover feature trumpeted the the triumph of the RC10 at the first-ever ROAR Off Road Nationals. Young Jay Halsey is pictured on the cover.
At the top is artwork by Jerry Tomson, who added the buggy jumping over Associated's surprised on road 1:8 gas and 1:12 RC12e cars that were popular at the time.
Early black and white catalog cover, September 1988. Cover art by Roger Curtis.
This early catalog contained only 3 pages of parts listings on its eight pages. The last catalog version before it was discontinued (May 1996) packed 11 pages of parts listings over 12 pages!
Inside front cover contents: RC10 the Off-Road Champion
This is the car that won both the ROAR and NORRCA Nationals for 1988, outrunning the best the world could offer!
The RC10 is manufactured in America. Spare parts and accessories are on-the-shelf items at the associated factory, and are readily available in hobby shops throughout the world.
1/10 Scale Electric R/C Off-road Race Car.
All kits include the following:
- Heat treated, gold anodized aircraft aluminum chassis tub.
- Replaceable gold anodized nose (skid) plate.
- Adjustable wheelbase.
- Two spring sets, low and high rate.
- High volume hydraulic shocks, double O-ring sealed, gold anodized.
- Adjustable limited-slip ball dif (can be locked for production class)
- Servo saver, linkage and universal servo mounts fit most radios.
- Prefabricated oilite bushings throughout (except ball bearing kits).
- Quick-change battery and body mounting hardware.
- High traction pneumatic tires, knobby rears, grooved fronts.
- High-impact nylon rear rims fit Associated and Tamiya "Holiday" tires
- Quick-change knock-off rear hubs are key-locked to the axle.
- High-impact nylon front rims. Adapters are included for Tamiya front tires.
- Quality screws throughout. Allen cap, button, flat heat, and aluminum flat head.
- Step-by-step assembly instructions, with photos of every step.
Yokomo stock class 05 motor. Heavy-duty throttle resistor, wiper, bypass, and mounting bracket. 16 gauge silicon wiring harness, with dropping diodes for radio. Durable clear Lexan body shell, with driver and adjustable wing. 6-cell NiCd pack and Fast-charge Cord. Precision ball bearing set, 16 bearings total.
All kits come packaged in a durable, four-color carton which can serve as a handy parts and toolbox at the race track. These cars will work with any radio system, but steering wheel radios with ultra-mini sized servos are preferred...
- #6000 Basic kit, less all electrical, less bearings, $188.00
- #6010 Full kit, less battery, less bearings, 225.00
- #6012 Full kit, less battery, body, wing, bearings, 215.00
- #6016 Full kit, ball bearings, less battery, 290.00
- #6020 Full kit, with battery pack, less bearings, 265.00