Reedy International Offroad Race of Champions UpdateJanuary 19, 2011
Event Name: Reedy International Offroad Race of Champions
Event Location: West Coast R/C Raceway in La Mirada, CA
Event Date(s): January 27, 2011 to January 30, 2011
Lake Forest, CA - In just over one week, the greatest electric offroad racers descend on West Coast R/C Raceway in La Mirada, CA to compete for the title of Reedy Race champion. As the hype continues to build, so do questions about the format & scheduling. Below is a list of updates pertaining to the facility, layout, tires, and other items.
- The pipe layout was installed on January 16; however, the racing direction and jumps will be changed to the official layout on Monday, January 24. This is to provide the best possible racing surface at the time of the event.
- In order to provide a fair event, drivers entered in to the Reedy Race may not drive on the layout from Monday, January 24 through Wednesday, January 26.
- Orange County R/C Raceway (OC/RC) will be open and available for practice leading up to the event. Information about the facility and hours can be found at www.ocrcraceway.com or by calling (714) 892-6699.
- On Thursday, January 27, the Open class drivers will have one round of "Free Practice" and two rounds of "Seeding Practice". The three fastest consecutive laps in either round of "Seeding Practice" will place drivers in their qualifiers.
- For the Invitational drivers, "Free Practice" is both Thursday and Friday. There are three rounds of for each class on Thursday and two rounds on Friday. There is one final round on Friday where the driver may choose which vehicle to use.
- Invitational drivers will have assigned pit spaces by team with minimal additional spots for designated mechanics.
- Open class drivers can reserve spaces on Thursday, January 27 at 7:30 am.
- Check-in and tire sales and will begin Wednesday, January 26 at 3:00 pm and will cost $14.00 per pair.
- Tires used in "Seeding Heats", "Heat Races" & "Main Events" must be purchased and marked by the organizer.
- Tire additives (including motor spray) are not allowed. Cleaning the mounting bead is allowed.
- Invitational tires will be collected and impounded overnight.