Steven Hartson Sweeps Ko Propo Off Road ChampionshipsOctober 4, 2010
Event Name: Ko Propo Off Road Championships
Event Location: West Coast Raceway, La Mirada, California
Event Date(s): September 25, 2010 to November 26, 2010
The track at the first Ko Propo Off Road Championships at West Coast Raceway is about 60' X 120'. Its 100% clay surface ranged from a bit rough to bumpy. The race was well attended with about 125 entries. The racers were greeted with a full plate: On the menu were sixteen qualifying heats and twenty-nine Mains (triple A Mains).
Steven Hartson sat down to eat a three-class meal: 1:8 scale Electric Buggy with his RC8Be, 1:10 scale Modified 2WD Buggy with his B4.1, and 1:10 scale Modified 4WD Buggy with his B44. All three cars used Reedy batteries and LRP brushless motors and speedos.
Steven started out qualifying Saturday with a couple of rough runs in 2WD and 4WD, but got back on his game and out-qualified the field in all three classes. The track just kept getting faster as the day progressed through qualifying. Round 3 was the fastest round of qualifying.
Steven showed up Sunday ready to dig in and ended up sweeping all three classes in the first two A Mains of each class. Being on top in the first two legs of each class, Steven was able to sit out Main 3 in all three classes.
Pro 1:8 Scale Electric Buggy
* Steven Tq'd first 2 rounds of qualifying and sat out third round of qualifying.
* Randy Kung qualified second.
* Steven won first and second A Mains by 1/2 lap over the field.
* Carson Wernimot finished second in both mains and went on to win third A Main, finishing second over all.
* Steven sat out third A Main.
Pro 2WD Modified Buggy
* Cody Turner won first qualifier over Steven by 2 seconds.
* Steven won both second and third qualifier (Top Qualifier)
* Steven won first and second A Mains, so he sat out third A Main.
* Cody Turner Qualified second and Zack Rogers qualified third.
* Zack Rogers won third A Main.
Pro 4WD Modified Buggy
* Zack Rogers Tq'd first round of qualifying.
* Steven Tq'd rounds 2 and 3 of qualifying (Top Qualifier)
* Steven won first and second A Mains; sat out third A Main.
* Zack Rogers won A Main 3.