Now you can add progressive damping to your TC7.1 small shocks with the PSD (Position Sensitive Damping) Shock System. The PSD's progressive damping is determined by the piston's position in the shock body -- the more the shock is compressed, the more damping, giving the shocks a plusher feel. The secret lies in the tapered slots in the sleeves. As the piston passes through the narrower slot openings, more pack is achieved.
- Pistons (included) have no holes, so damping is controlled as the shock fluid passes through the sleeves' tapered slots.
- Normal assembly has narrow point of sleeve slots at top (as shown in photo above) to increase the damping rate as the shock compresses
- Typically used on asphalt to give more responsive steering (narrow point of sleeve at top)
- Used in TC7.1 small shock bodies
Sorry, item specifications are not available.
- #31751 TC7.1 PSD Shock System - press release (316.19 Kb)