Availability: In Stock
MSRP Price: $429.99
Sale Price: $199.99
Detailed Part Description:
Designed in-house by our esteemed engineering staff and track-tested by racing team drivers such as Ryan Maifield, Craig Drescher and Richard Saxton, Reedy's all-new 121VR .21 Off-Road Competition Nitro Engine is produced using state-of-the-art materials and high-tech manufacturing processes. The result is a race-proven engine that is capable of producing world-class power and fuel economy with a driver-friendly linear power band.
• 3+1 Port Chrome Plated Cylinder.
• High Silicon CNC Machined Piston.
• Knife Edged 7075 Aluminum Connecting Rod.
• Polished Turbo Scoop Crankshaft with Silicone Insert.
• Chrome Plated Back Plate with Turbo Scoop.
• Precision Ball Bearings.
• Lightweight Machined Aluminum Heatsink Head.
• Oversized Finned Turbo Head Button.
• Thermo Insulated Screw Mounted 2-Needle Carburetor.
• 7.0mm, 8.0mm, and 9.0mm Air Restrictors.
• Fits 1:8 scale off road.
A lot of time went into the development of this engine to ensure that its first was up to par with others and made the Reedy name proud. It's already a national champ, so I guess the guys did a good job. The setup on this engine is very trick. ...That ensures the carb sits flat and tight on the gasket for a leak-free-fit, and the molded gasket keeps all engine heat away from the carb, and that keeps the air/fuel mixture that enters the carb cooler and in the end gives the engine more horsepower. --Radio Control Car Action, March 2010
The good news is that the 121VR .21 makes decent power. Enough to let Maifield win against the bigger-number engines, and enough to make your buggy go faster than you can deal with. Sticking the engine on the Dyno, we used the largest venturi we could get, and the results were pretty good. --Xtreme RC Cars, October 2009